March 13, 2020
Clearly this is a worrying time for everyone. Our priority is to help look after the wellbeing of our member firms, their clients and our team.
I feel PrimeGlobal is operating at its best:
- Our members are actively sharing information, ideas and providing advice to each other.
- A crisis management team has been established - led by Stacey - to assess the impact on our events and take the action required to protect all our members and staff.
- We have provided advice to our members to help them take action to protect their wellbeing.
- We moved key conferences early – e.g. Singapore – avoiding any financial exposure.
- We are providing webinars and education to help member firms get prepared and their clients.
- We have created forums for members to share good practices and to ask each other questions. This clearly shows the value of being a member of PrimeGlobal – our members look after each other. Please review our website page and take part in sharing knowledge and best practices https://www.primeglobal.net/coronavirus.
We want to ensure we treat our members consistently globally. We are therefore looking at all our events and conferences together, to establish if they should be postponed. We are assessing how to protect our members, our team and manage our financial exposure to ensure we remain sustainable. We need some time to work through our messages and ensure policies are consistent. In the meantime, we are not taking any more registrations for most planned events or conferences.
If you have any critical questions please avoid reaching out to our boarder team. Instead come directly to Céline Lai for questions regarding EMEA and Asia Pacific events and Ingrid Gil for questions regarding North America and Latin America events. As you can imagine it is a difficult time and we need to ensure we consider all members' interests consistently.
I am pleased that we are better placed than other associations and networks to continue to support our members:
- We have great members who are actively helping each other.
- We have a great team – who are already working on innovative ideas to continue engagement over the coming months.
- Our team already work at home and are up and running ready to support our members.
- We have strong financial reserves – which means you can be confident about our resilience. Some other associations are facing incredibly tough choices at this moment in time.
Thank you for your continued commitment and positivity - stay safe.
Chief Executive Officer
March 2, 2020 - PrimeGlobal recognizes there are concerns about travel at this time and would like to share basic preventative measures from WHO and CDC. Health authorities advise the most effective way to protect yourself while traveling is to minimize your exposure. This is best achieved with basic hygiene practices :
- Cleaning your hands with soap for at least 30 seconds
- Use hand sanitizers with at least 70 percent ethanol
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Disinfecting surfaces with which you are in contact
- Social distancing - maintaining at least a three feet distance between yourself and others
Following the guidance of health authorities, PG will ensure hand sanitizer stations and wipes will be easily accessible throughout meeting facilities at upcoming events until WHO and CDC have determined spreading has been contained .
February 20, 2020 - PrimeGlobal continues to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to the Novel Coronavirus originating in China. Keeping our members up to date on the latest information and our approach to help reduce risk is a priority. We are assessing risks and mitigation regarding planning of all future meetings and events and will continue to monitor the situation by keeping abreast of new developments and seeking guidance from industry leaders. We will continue to follow guidance of the CDC and WHO and are in close communication with meeting partners and member firms in locations where we have scheduled events. We are also in close communication with hotels and venues about their cleaning protocols.
We can confirm that the World Conference scheduled for Shanghai in 2021 has been cancelled and the Asia Pacific Regional Conference has been postponed until Spring 2021. We will confirm the dates and location when determined. At this time, we are continuing with planning of events in North America, EMEA and Latin America and will provide information on any preventative measures we are taking as an association in relation to the respective location and current situation.
We will continue to update this webpage with any new developments relating to PrimeGlobal events and the current situation.