PrimeGlobal continues to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to the Novel Coronavirus. Keeping our members up to date on the latest information and approach to help reduce risk is a priority. You can find more information on PrimeGlobal's dedicated page HERE> PrimeGlobal member firm HW&Co. share tips for anyone who’s working from home due to COVID-19.
Tips to effectively work from home
- First, get dressed. It will help get you in the right headspace for work.
- Pick one or more dedicated workspaces, ideally with a decent chair that will support your back.
- Try to keep your bedroom as a sacred space for sleeping and relaxing where work is banned. It’ll help make the work-life divide a little clearer.
- Wake up early. You need time to prepare for the day, both mentally and physically.
- Try wearing shoes. It’s another way to try to keep that line between work and relaxation crystal clear.
- Sign out and turn off notifications for work-related email and instant messaging when the day is over — especially if you’re signed in on your personal devices.
- Listen to music or put the TV on quietly, since working from home can sometimes be a little too quiet, which makes it difficult to focus.
- Overworking can be a real issue, so clearly define what hours you will be working and stick to it.
- And have lunch breaks where you don’t look at anything work-related.
- Also, take frequent breaks so you don’t burn out.
- Be sure to socialize after work, even if it’s just a video call, to keep the loneliness at bay.
- Don’t do household chores randomly throughout the day, since it can get distracting. Instead, schedule a specific time for them.
- Communicate to people you live with that you’re working.
- Use headphones and mute your microphone during conference calls to minimize the amount of audio feedback and times that random sounds interrupt the conversation.
- Be in regular contact with your team.
- Go outside! Even if it’s just a quick walk around your block, the fresh air will do wonders.
As seen originally on Buzzfeed
HW&Co. is a certified public accounting and consulting firm with locations in Cleveland, (Westerville) Columbus, and Mentor, Ohio, providing comprehensive financial and business management advisory services to a broad range of clients throughout the United States. For decades our practice has nurtured a proactive and innovative approach to finding solutions. We devote full and personal attention to each client in all areas, financial and non-financial, and employ the talents and experience of all our personnel to bring a unique mix of business, entrepreneurial and technical skills to your challenges.Learn more