Thomas Westcott Signs Up To Pregnancy Loss Pledge
Talent DevelopmentFebruary 14, 2022 - Thomas Westcott
“Estimates suggest one in four pregnancies end in loss, so this is sadly an issue that affects many people. We are committed to ensuring any of our team members who are affected are supported through these extremely difficult times. Caring for our colleagues personally and professionally is a core part of our culture here at Thomas Westcott. We felt it was important for us to sign up to the pledge, which is designed to support the many people affected by pregnancy loss.” Simon Irvin, Head of HR, Thomas Westcott
By signing up the Pregnancy Loss Pledge, Thomas Westcott has agreed to:
- Encourage a supportive work environment where people feel able to discuss and disclose pregnancy and/or loss without fear of being disadvantaged or discriminated against.
- Ensure staff understand pregnancy related leave and feel able to take the time off they need.
- Show empathy and understanding towards people and their partners experiencing pregnancy loss.
- Provide pregnancy loss guidance, including information on sickness and being mindful of the needs of partners.
- Encourage our leaders to use guidance from the Miscarriage Association to support someone experiencing pregnancy loss
- Support people back to work by being responsive to their needs and being flexible.
Founded in 1982, the Miscarriage Association offers support and information to anyone affected by the loss of a baby in pregnancy. The charity also raises awareness and promotes good practice in medical care.
Founded in 1985, Thomas Westcott is one of the largest and fastest growing independent accountancy practices in the South West of England, with 17 offices across Devon and Somerset. They are a dynamic, top 50 national accountancy firm, offering specialist client service and specialisms which assist their clients in the running of their businesses.Learn more